Since 1857, the Napoleonic locations on the island of Saint Helena have been French national properties. They have been managed and maintained by the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs since 1858.
The three French properties on the island of Saint Helena are:
- Longwood House , Napoleon’s main residence during exile (December 1815-May 1821);
- Napoleon’s Tomb, Napoleon’s final resting place from 1821 to 1840;
- Briars Pavilion, Napoleon’s first residence in exile (October-December 1815).